Hosted by Modern Mrs. Darcy
258 participants, 1476 books added
Starts: Wednesday, 01 January 2020
Ends: Thursday, 31 December 2020
Devoted readers and aspiring readers: want to get more out of your reading life in 2020?
Here on Modern Mrs Darcy, we love reading, but don’t believe it’s a competitive sport. We care about quality way more than we care about quantity: reading well doesn’t necessarily mean reading more.
Our reading challenge is not quite as old as this blog: this is our sixth annual reading challenge. Believe it or not, these challenges—now plentiful on the internet—were rare when we posted our first one in 2015. They’re so common these days that I debated even posting our own here on Modern Mrs Darcy.
Here’s why we decided to post our own once again: we know how to help readers get more out of their reading lives, and our challenge is designed to help you do exactly that. We’ve carefully created a new category list for 2020, with ten categories that have a phenomenal success rate when it comes to delivering a fantastic reading experience.
On our list, we focus exclusively on categories that have delivered best-of-the-year reading experiences to thousands of readers over the years.
Find out more about the reading challenge and tips for completing it and getting the most of your 2020 reading on our website.
1. A book published the decade you were born (106 books added)
2. A debut novel (141 books added)
3. A book recommended by a source you trust (168 books added)
4. A book by a local author (105 books added)
5. A book outside your (genre) comfort zone (139 books added)
6. A book in translation (106 books added)
7. A book nominated for an award in 2020 (59 books added)
8. A re-read (142 books added)
9. A classic you didn’t read in school (88 books added)
10. Three books by the same author — Book 1 (154 books added)
11. Three books by the same author — Book 2 (142 books added)
12. Three books by the same author — Book 3 (126 books added)