Hosted by Modern Mrs. Darcy
85 participants, 326 books added
Starts: Wednesday, 01 January 2020
Ends: Thursday, 31 December 2020
Devoted readers and aspiring readers: want to get more out of your reading life in 2020?
Here on Modern Mrs Darcy, we love reading, but don’t believe it’s a competitive sport. We care about quality way more than we care about quantity: reading well doesn’t necessarily mean reading more.
Our reading challenge is not quite as old as this blog: this is our sixth annual reading challenge. Believe it or not, these challenges—now plentiful on the internet—were rare when we posted our first one in 2015. They’re so common these days that I debated even posting our own here on Modern Mrs Darcy.
Here’s why we decided to post our own once again: we know how to help readers get more out of their reading lives, and our challenge is designed to help you do exactly that. We’ve carefully created a new category list for 2020, with ten categories that have a phenomenal success rate when it comes to delivering a fantastic reading experience.
On our list, we focus exclusively on categories that have delivered best-of-the-year reading experiences to thousands of readers over the years.
Find out more about the reading challenge and tips for completing it and getting the most of your 2020 reading on our website.
1. A book published the decade you were born (23 books added)
2. A debut novel (35 books added)
3. A book recommended by a source you trust (32 books added)
4. A book by a local author (23 books added)
5. A book outside your (genre) comfort zone (26 books added)
6. A book in translation (26 books added)
7. A book nominated for an award in 2020 (11 books added)
8. A re-read (31 books added)
9. A classic you didn’t read in school (21 books added)
10. Three books by the same author — Book 1 (37 books added)
11. Three books by the same author — Book 2 (34 books added)
12. Three books by the same author — Book 3 (27 books added)