Reviews for Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic, by Iacopo Bruno, Mara Rockliff

MyNameRhymes's review

Cute biography with beautiful illustrations.

LibrarianRyan's review

I do not know what is more engrossing: the story, or the illustrations. The two come together to make the perfect book about a little known historical figure. Adelaide Herrman was known as the Queen of Magic. She never wanted to be ordinary, and was always up to something new. She dared do things others didn’t. She became the first famous female magician and traveled the world. Read Addie’s story for yourself. It’s magic.

MikoLee's review

Very cool structure of true book about female magician born in 1863. Audacious and forward thinking Addie broke barriers. The cover to cover brilliantly colored pages are told in almost a marquee style. The first few pages almost look like book covers. Especially the opening page which shows a colored Addie amongst a boring complacent black and white Family. The illustrations really help to bring this story to life.

kemendraugh's review

Rewriting history in the best way possible! By adding TRUTH. I loved the art in this book, the story, the endnotes. I mostly loved Adelaide.

More...