Reviews for Teen Titans: Beast Boy, by Gabriel Picolo, Kami Garcia

lighthearted mysterious relaxing slow-paced
  • Strong character development? No
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

2.0

I am slightly disappointed and underwhelmed with this graphic novel after reading Raven last year. I loooved Raven I thought it was an interesting and new take on Raven's story and was so excited to see where Beast Boy's would go.

However I was left bored and looking for something to pick up the pace. I really hoped we would see more development and higher stakes like Raven's back story but not a whole lot happened to be honest.

I still very much want to read Beast Boy loves Raven which is next on the series because I really want to follow Raven's story further, but this book had it been on its own would have left me ditching the series for sure

Enchanted Bibliophile's review

”Other people will never accept you if you don’t accept yourself.”
BB

I was given [b:Teen Titans: Raven|38452813|Teen Titans Raven|Kami Garcia|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1528738829l/38452813._SY75_.jpg|60077986] to read without any prior knowledge of the Teen Titans, but I really enjoyed it, so when I saw the next volume I just had to have it.

Beast Boy is witty, clever and so much fun. Sometimes you're edging Gar on and others you just hold your head in your hands and tell him "Bad Idea Gar"
But rooting for him - even in his stupid moments - is never optional.

And now that I've seen the 3rd Volumes Cover, I know I'll definitely be reading it as well.
[bc:Teen Titans: Beast Boy Loves Raven|55057926|Teen Titans Beast Boy Loves Raven|Kami Garcia|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1598053308l/55057926._SY75_.jpg|85851631]

Reading With Nori 's review

My full thoughts are coming AS SOON as this gem of a book is released! But spoiler alert I LOVED IT

Thank you DC Comic for giving me a copy to review!

Steph.n.sketch's review

MultitaskingwithBecca's review

funny hopeful fast-paced
  • Strong character development? Yes

jennadams's review

Another great addition to the Teen Titans graphic novels. The art, characters, and story were all great and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I didn't love it as much as Raven, but that's just a personal preference.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this eARC in exchange for my honest review.

Bookwitch's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced
  • Strong character development? Yes
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? It's complicated

I am really digging this series. Can't wait for the next one!
Beast Boy was just as good, if not better than Raven. Gar is a relatable teenage boy with some interesting friends. The color pallet and illustrations really bring the story to life. The flashes of bright green (and blue!) really draw your eyes to that panel. It is a super effective technique that was also utilized in Raven.