A review by Nicole
Home Before Dark, by Riley Sager

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

When Maggie was five, her parents bought Baneberry Hall, a house with a long list of tragedies in it’s past. Maggie’s parents think the past is in the past, but the house remembers. Twenty days later, something so terrifying happens, that the family flees in the middle of the night. They leave all their belongings and vow never to return. Twenty odd years later, Maggie inherits the house. She has no memories of her brief residence there as a child and so she returns, hoping to discover her family’s secrets and what really happened that fateful night.

I just love Riley Sager’s writing. He sucks me in with his suspense and mysteries and I can’t put his books down because I just have to know what’s really happening. This story was no exception.

It started off a bit slow, but once it built up it’s momentum, I couldn’t put the book down. I was totally creeped out. I couldn’t read it at night alone, because every little sound made me jump. I’m not quite sure how I feel about the ending. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it just didn’t really do it for me. The ride to get to the end though was fantastic.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5