Starts: Wednesday, 01 January 2020
Ends: Thursday, 31 December 2020
Mallory Whiteduck (@nativegirlsreading) is getting into reading challenges in 2020 so she decided to create this mini #NativeLiteratureChallenge2020 for anyone looking to add some Native/Indigenous lit to their reading list in the New Year.
1. A book by an Inuk author (17 books added)
2. A memoir by a Native woman (18 books added)
3. Indigenous genre fiction (35 books added)
4. An author’s debut book (37 books added)
Try a new or established author’s first book.
Mallory's favourite novel in Louise Erdrich’s impressive canon is her debut, Love Medicine.
5. A history by a Native writer (25 books added)