Reviews for Scream and Scream Again!, by Daniel Palmer, Wendy Corsi Staub, R.L. Stine, Tonia Hurley, James Preller, Robin Wasserman, Megan Abbott, Ray Daniel, Chris Grabenstein, Bruce Hale, Heather Graham, Dan Poblocki, Peter Lerangis, Emmy Laybourne

Midnight Book Girl's review

Perfect for a Middle Grader this holiday season (or any season, since they aren't all Halloween tales). Some were more sweet or silly than scary, but a few managed to creep me out. The stories were a bit uneven, but overall a good collection. Definitely NOT as scary as the cover would suggest.

One Mama Reads's review

This was almost a DNF for me. There were a few really well done stories, some good stories, but quite a few of them were ho-hum stories that I almost could not read passed. I could see the middle grade elements that held back some of the stories, and understood and took that into consideration. However, some of the short stories held back too much, were too tame, even for middle grade. A few just did not strike me as scary or well plotted stories.

My favourite stories of the anthology were: The I Scream Truck, Raw Head and Bloody Bones, Summer of Sharks, Area Code 666 and The Only Child. These stories were so well written, had elements that actually struck a little bit of fear, held me intrigued the entire story and had great build up to the climax. The characters were relatable and mostly sympathetic.

Read full review here: https://onemamassummer.weebly.com/book-reviews/scream-and-scream-again

alisoninbookland's review

2.0

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Youtube

Quick enough read. I'm definitely not the intended audience. Most of the stories were more ridiculous than scary.

GraceW's review

I don’t feel like I can rate the whole book. Some of the stories were incredible and some... not so much.

lithuntress's review

2.0

A digital copy was provided by Edelweiss Plus in exchange for an honest review

If I read it when I was 10-13 years old, I'd probably be scared. But since I read it now, while it was a fun read, I barely felt anything. There are some stories that stood out to me, such as The Witch of Byron's Bayou and Area Code 666, but the rest felt okay to me. I still recommend it for middle grade readers though!

More...