Reviews for Adorkable, by Cookie O'Gorman

TheAromaofBooks's review

Pleasant for a one-time read, but the absolute obsession of Sal's mom and best friend to get Sally a boyfriend was borderline creepy.

srk001 's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted medium-paced
  • Strong character development? No
  • Loveable characters? It's complicated
  • Diverse cast of characters? No
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

2.0

I was looking forward to reading this book, but I was left disappointed. I didn't feel like I got to know the main characters. I love the best friends turned to lovers trope, but here I was questioning whether they really were best friends. Sure they've known each other since they were 7 years old.
Spoilerhis poems was adorkable
But I didn't get the impression that they were (still) close later on.

I got really annoyed by Sally's mother and best friend. They were forcing her to date way too much. It didn't feel realistic and I couldn't understand how they didn't realise their behavior was wrong. Becks was okay, but I barely got to know him. I'm not sure how I feel about Sally. I want to like her, but her way of handling the forced dates was just frustrating, which made her frustrating. I also felt like Sally was being too passive about the whole thing. And she fell for the same tricks they pulled on her, again and again, which was (again) frustrating.

Last but not least. I don't mind if characters are afraid to confess their feelings, but they were both too dense when it came to their feelings for each other.

BookReaderCoffeeDrinker's review

Okay, can I just say I love love love best friends to lovers books? Because I do. Normally I read more of the New Adult spin on that trope, but Adorkable was a very admirable and tear-inducing YA counterpart.

I loved Becks' superstition about his beard and Sal's love for all things nerd/geek.

Randomly picked this book off of a Target shelf and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

megfang315's review

if you really wanted to, you could find fault in this book: sally goes out with someone with the intention of making someone else jealous (how juvenile is that? sigh), hooker isn't very likable, sally is slightly dorky but probably not deserving of being labelled adorkable.

all that being said, it was swoony and melty and a great specimen of ya. becks and sally had plenty of time together, and i appreciated that i got time to see their relationship play out rather than just hear about how they were supposedly best friends.

[email protected]'s review

It's amazing how I never tire of fauxmances or friends-to-more stories. Adorkable was just that - adorkable. It was sweet and fun and cute and I smiled a lot. It totally did it's job of making me happy.

I really liked Sally, and totally understood her desire to find a FBF - fake boyfriend, in order to deter her mom and best friend from playing matchmaker. As an aside, the stories of said matchmaking were quite amusing, and her best friend, Hooker, was the best sort of nut. I loved Sally and Becks together, and it was really sweet hearing about their early years. There are going to be times that will make you nuts, and I found myself wanting to get these two to be honest with each other, but I will say, it's worth the wait, because the ending was perfect.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS

zurcannaj's review

This was a fun quick read. This has some of my favorite contemporary romance tropes and it was really cute. I wish that their fake bf-gf romance was longer. We get a few scenes then it just fast forwards to weeks later and she couldn’t take the deceit anymore.

spaceyfaerie's review

Cheesy but ridiculously adorable. I loved this more than I thought I would, which was a pleasant surprise!

merphynapier's review

Okay so the story's been told a thousand times and this time nothing new was really brought to the table. It's one of my favorite tropes though, so I don't mind reading what felt like a story I'd already read.

The love interest was litterally perfect. Hot, smart, sweet, and every - no I mean EVERY - girl's greatest desire. But he only has eyes for our dorky protagonist. And so do a bunch of other guys. Nothing new was brought with this story, but it was still fun to read so I'll give it three stars.

r.ramona's review

2.0

2 stars

This was a very tropey read which very annoying towards the end. Some stuff was just ridiculous she got heartbroken and her best friend and mom still set her up

Also, I really disliked the main character's best friend for not respecting any of her boundaries.

Camillou's review

4/5 —

That was a predictable but really cute read !