Reviews for The Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan

inmidnights's review

I know it's called the Kane Chronicles because it's about the Kane family but, really, a more apt title would be the Sadie Chronicles. It's always Sadie who's praised in the book for her personality (however irritating/annoying she is), intelligence and whatever it is. It's getting annoying because they can't seem to meet a character that doesn't sing her praises and/or gives her preferential treatment. Also, she's apparently got two good looking boys in like with her, who she feels the same for. Thirteen with two sort-of-boyfriends. And the thing is, one of them is Anubis (God of the Dead) and the other boy, though 'normal', is dying. I'd say how fucked up is that but Sadie and Carter (the other Kane sibling) were 'possessed' by a married pair of gods in the first book, so. And if this were a paper where we'd delve deeper into symbolism and what that means but let's not.

This book had more emotional undertones than the first which helps in contributing to the character growth and determination to fight for the siblings (as if they hadn't had enough). Emotionally heartbreaking scenes, sacrifices, death sentences, death.

I thought Riordan referenced Percy Jackson in book one ("Manhattan has its own set of problems") but in this book, he cemented that this timeline with the Kane Siblings and Percy Jackson are the same/happening at the same era/time (in one chapter, Carter referenced the Manhattan line again and mentioned seeing a flying horse flying over Manhattan). Riordan formally opened the door for crossovers by doing so.

Angie.Lisle's review

A fun, fast-paced read.

wretchedtheo's review

adventurous funny informative lighthearted fast-paced
  • Strong character development? Yes
  • Loveable characters? Yes
  • Diverse cast of characters? Yes
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

HaydenJules's review

Loved this! This book was so captivating-as all of Rick Riordan's work is! I'm so hooked by this series, I can't wait to read the last one!

Lori (The Reading Fairy)'s review

I like this better. Have high hopes for the next one!

Harini's review

When it comes to me Rick Riordan knows all the right buttons to push.

ShakiraL's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced
  • Strong character development? It's complicated
  • Loveable characters? It's complicated
  • Diverse cast of characters? Yes
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

Khushboo Mathuria's review

Throne of Fire fell a little short in comparison to The Red Pyramid. The plot lacked urgency and complexity. The love triangle seemed forced. But as always, I enjoyed the Gods and I'm excited to see how this ends in the final book.

nataliejordan.s's review

It was pretty good. I think I enjoy the audiobooks better than the previous two P.J. series.

aliciarinko's review