Reviews for Passenger to Frankfurt, by Agatha Christie

hcfell's review

2.0

yikes, this is definitely not one of agatha’s better novels. i loved the intro, which spoke to where she as an author found her ideas, and i loved the premise of this story, but it felt bogged down in grand historic ideas that i felt idk preached to? i would definitely skip this book.

Mixedupbookshelves's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced
  • Strong character development? Yes
  • Loveable characters? Yes
  • Diverse cast of characters? No
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? No

4.5

A different style for Dame Christie, this is more spy/political.

bookish.brooklyn's review

I can't not give this 5 stars. It was definitely one of the most puzzling books I've ever read, but I loved every minute! A riot of fabulous characters, too. (Though that's expected with AC) ;)

Fern17's review

adventurous funny lighthearted slow-paced
  • Strong character development? No
  • Loveable characters? It's complicated
  • Diverse cast of characters? No
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

AliciaMae's review

I don't think this is the worst Agatha book (which is the vibe I got from looking at other people's reviews) but it's not her best. I liked it. I'd say I enjoyed it more than just "meh" so 3 stars for me.

Hugh Fraser's audiobook reading of this one injected some major life into it. Hugh Fraser is really an excellent narrator.

Roz (Journey through Books)'s review

2.0

I really did not enjoy this one. As I did not have any major issues with it though, I gave it 2 stars instead of one. I suppose that overall, the book was decent... but. It just didn't stand up to time. Or at least, that is the gripe I am going to go with. There were parts where I was rolling my eyes, and I think that the majority of the problems were that modern technology and medical and scientific development (and the fact that my brother is a clinical psychologist and that I work with counselling psychologists) just made huge chunks of this unbelievable. Also... although I understand that Agatha Christie is old school, I just cringed whenever a woman was addressed in this. Or how they played stupid...

jodilynclayton's review

2.0

I'm re-reading some of the books on my shelf in preparation for paring down my book collection considerably (moving to a much smaller place). I haven't picked up an Agatha Christie for years so thought I would start with those. I'm afraid this book will not make the cut. The books Christie wrote in her twilight years are so so wordy! She wrote like an elderly person talks--lots of rambling, long stories, and repeating which is fine if you are listening to a beloved relative or friend but is simply awful to read. The plot is silly but that doesn't bother me as much as the lack of action and all the looooooooong pointless conversations. I used to believe all Agatha Christie books were sacred and I needed to own Every. Single. One. Fortunately, that is no longer the case because this will be the first on my get-rid-of pile.

SnowBenton's review

2.0

It's like Kingsman, if Kingsman was incredibly boring. The inciting incident makes no sense, and it just gets worse from there. Nothing ever gets fully explained or satisfactorily ended. It doesn't feel like a Christie book at all.

kindleandilluminate's review

1.0

This is one of the worst books I've ever read. Sorry, Agatha.

Dear fellow Christie fans,
You may think you need to read this one to complete the set, but you don't. You really don't. Please spare yourself the pain of struggling to follow this garbage and wondering the whole way through "How on earth did this come out of the same brain that gave us The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, And Then There Were None, and Curtain?"

Honestly, I'm willing to believe a conspiracy theory that posits another writer using Christie's name, and conspiracy theories would be on theme for this novel.

It was a bad book to begin with
and then it goes off the rails and is downright incomprehensible
and then I don't even know where it went, but I'm glad it ended.

teabookstory's review

2.0

Finishing this through skimming page to page. Bisa dikatakan ini buku dengan plot dan karakter cerita "teraneh" dari Agatha. I wasn't really enjoyed reading this. I didn't get the ending, and overall plot.

More...