Reviews for Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 01, by Kyousuke Motomi

Mehsi's review

Someone recommended this one to me a long time ago, and I decided now was the time to read it. Since I was searching for a good romance comedy manga again. :)

This one was a very cute manga, though Teru is a bit of an idiot at times (I mean seriously, how does she not know who Daisy is. There are hints everywhere! And isn't it a bit too convenient that he (people who read it know who the he is) is always magically there, out of of nowhere?). But I also really liked her. She was brave, she continued living and did her best everywhere. I felt sorry for her that she lost her brother, and that she is now poor and living alone.
Luckily she has Daisy, a friend of her brother, with whom she is exchanging mails/messages. He always helps her out, though she never really asks for help, she just tries to make things seem totally different, much better than they really are.
I am happy with that attitude. I think I would have hated it if she kept asking Daisy for favours constantly.

I didn't like Kurosaki at times. He was at times just a prick and while I am sure he has good intentions (especially when we find out certain things), but I think he should have done things differently. But he is a good guy, he is there for Teru, helping her out, even giving her food (which she accepts very happily).

The situations in the book are a bit over the top. Seriously? Hackers? Pervy guys? More bad guys? Several other things happening? And that all in 192 pages. Nope. I do hope the next volumes will have less of this. I want Teru to find out who Daisy is, I want Kurosaki to be honest and I want several other things.

I will probably read the rest of this manga soon, since (even with the over-the-top stuff) it is a good manga with romance and comedy. Just what I need.

Review first posted at http://twirlingbookprincess.com/

TheDisreputableDog's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced
  • Strong character development? Yes
  • Loveable characters? Yes
  • Diverse cast of characters? No
  • Flaws of characters centre-stage? Yes

Kheleyr's review

My first manga! Thoroughly enjoyable :D I liked the art, the hair, and the story...very cute.
I had fun learning to read right to left, and it made for some great light reading. Also, Teru is likeable and gutsy. I was afraid she was going to be relegated to playing the damsel in distress (which she does to a certain extent), but she is a hard worker, a good friend, and usually the troubles from which she has to be rescued stem from her attempts to rescue someone else.

Abbie21's review

This is a nice take on the shoujo genre; still comfortable and familiar without being tired and cliche. The love interest, while he does have "mean" tendencies, it's more of the playground boy-likes-a-girl-so-he-pushes-her-away kind of stuff. Nothing harmful, just making her do his job basically. Nothing sexist or any talk of panties or anything so far, which is always a nice sign. I'm really liking this one.

yon.nyan's review

This is such a good start to what I hope will be an awesome series! I remember that I tried reading this a few years back, but for some reason I ended up dropping it (I might have gotten really impatient about updates...maybe?). I'm happy it's completed now and I can just marathon the shit out of it. Woot!!

More...