Reviews for Parker Pyne Investigates, by Agatha Christie

whimsicalmeerkat's review

2.0

Cute, mostly. A pretty brainless re-read.

joeesomething's review

33rd book of 2016

AliciaMae's review

2.0

"Are you happy? If not consult Mr Parker Pyne, 17 Richmond Street." -Agatha Christie, Parker Pyne Investigates

Parker Pyne Investigates consists of a collection of short stories where James Parker Pyne, a middle aged retired civil servant, investigates and resolves people’s unhappiness. This was a fairly lighthearted collection of stories, which I found to mostly be "meh." Overall mostly forgettable.

Woolydragon's review

Picked up this book in the library on a whim. Im glad it did each chapter is its own self contained mini mystery. This book was a pleasant reminder that Agatha Christie is more than just Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. A pleasant read being both comic and clever.

clairebonello's review

Always a quirky pleasure.

tawallah's review

Not Agatha Christie usual work of excellence or mind blowing mysteries. Not what I expected at all. Some of the short stories were intriguing, some of the views on women and marriage are funny considering the author is female. Mixed bag, overall okay read.

Pers's review

I'm not quite sure why Christie describes Parker Pyne as a PI since he doesn't do much sleuthing. But still, I enjoyed this collection of short stories.

Nickimags 's review

This the second time I've read this book and I think I enjoyed it even more this time round. There are glimpses of her other stories and characters in here too, which I also enjoyed.

wistfully_idle's review

Good, but compared to Christie's other creations I found it lacking. I could, more or less, guess the ending in most of the tales, and as an author who usually has me guessing until the very end of her novels, I can't help but think Parker Pyne Investigates isn't Christie at her best.

More...